This blog is dedicated to the viewing and sale of my handmade handbags, quilt tops & quilt kits. I hope you enjoy looking around. Please feel free to leave comments or suggestions, and thank you for visiting.

About Me

My photo
Midway, UT
Hello everyone! My name is Nicole and I am a stay at home mother of 4. I enjoy spending time with my family, cooking, tinkering on the computer, and having picnics under a tree with my kids. I have recently rediscovered my love of sewing and thought it would be fun to sew handbags and reusable shopping bags for gifts, friends, and my two little girls. I hope you enjoy viewing all the items for sale, and will equally enjoy my blogs as I document my struggles and joys as a reborn seamstress, mother, wife and business woman.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Today, as I was selfishly thinking of ways I could increase my bag sales (which so far are ZERO) I came up with the idea of giving part of my proceeds to some charities that I would like to support. I decided on two charities that I hold close to my heart the first being the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. Being a woman, I think that this one is a very important charity to contribute to and I found out that there is a fun way for people to donate called "Passionately Pink for the Cure". I will be making an assortment of pink reusable shopping bags & purses. I will choose a day, invite friends and family members, and we will have a PINK party to help fight breast cancer. I will have my bags up for sale that day, if you chose to you may purchase one and 10% of the proceeds will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. If you can not make the party, I will also have bags for sale online for one month that will also contribute to the donation. I think I will also have a giant penny jar at our party so that anyone who doesn't want to purchase a bag can put their loose change in the jar and contribute what they can. You may check out the website at www.passionatelypink.org

The other charity that I feel strongly about is the March of Dimes. This charity is involved in finding a way to prevent premature births and promote healthy pregnancies. I myself was born 3 months premature and also had one child who was premature. As of now there is no real way to determine whether or not a child will be born premature, just ways that are thought to  help prevent it. For this event I will be making baby quilts as well as the handbags and shopping bags, all will be sold online for one month and 10% of the proceeds will be donated to the March of Dimes charity. You may visit their website at www.marchofdimes.com.

I think that's it for now. Thanks for your support and encouragement!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment