This blog is dedicated to the viewing and sale of my handmade handbags, quilt tops & quilt kits. I hope you enjoy looking around. Please feel free to leave comments or suggestions, and thank you for visiting.

About Me

My photo
Midway, UT
Hello everyone! My name is Nicole and I am a stay at home mother of 4. I enjoy spending time with my family, cooking, tinkering on the computer, and having picnics under a tree with my kids. I have recently rediscovered my love of sewing and thought it would be fun to sew handbags and reusable shopping bags for gifts, friends, and my two little girls. I hope you enjoy viewing all the items for sale, and will equally enjoy my blogs as I document my struggles and joys as a reborn seamstress, mother, wife and business woman.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

New bags and things

Last night I worked on reusable sandwich wraps and snag bags till about 10pm. I also started this new purse which I am pretty excited about. I saw the fabric and just about died! I will be finishing that up and posting it for sale today. Who knew that sewing would be just time consuming work and harder than I thought too?

New items on my "to buy" list:
   more comfortable sewing chair
   table lamp that doesn't make the room heat up to 500 degrees
   cutting table
   a GOOD pair of scissors ;)
   thread and bobbin holder

I think that's it for now... if anyone was wondering what to get me for christmas... there ya go :)

Here are some pics of the new purse and lunch stuff. Just a side note...I made up a prototype for the sandwich wrap and put two pieces of bread in it... the bread has been in the sandwich wrap for TWO days and is still soft and fresh. So, they really do work. They both have a 100% PEVA liner which is supposed to be food safe, BPA free, biodegradable, waterproof and mildew resistant. The outer is made of 100% cotton. Turn inside out and wipe clean or hand wash in warm water and hang dry. 
Snack bag inside
snack bag outer


sandwich wrap inside

No comments:

Post a Comment