This blog is dedicated to the viewing and sale of my handmade handbags, quilt tops & quilt kits. I hope you enjoy looking around. Please feel free to leave comments or suggestions, and thank you for visiting.

About Me

My photo
Midway, UT
Hello everyone! My name is Nicole and I am a stay at home mother of 4. I enjoy spending time with my family, cooking, tinkering on the computer, and having picnics under a tree with my kids. I have recently rediscovered my love of sewing and thought it would be fun to sew handbags and reusable shopping bags for gifts, friends, and my two little girls. I hope you enjoy viewing all the items for sale, and will equally enjoy my blogs as I document my struggles and joys as a reborn seamstress, mother, wife and business woman.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Revising the shop

Wow it has been a while since I posted anything about anything. I figured since I only have one follower it wasn't of much importance, but since I would like to start branching and sending my followers from twitter to my blog I better start blogging regularly.
This week I have spent many hours thinking of new ways to get traffic to my Etsy shop. I came to the realization that I am really an amateur when it comes to Etsy. My pictures are sad to say the least, yet I have had sales despite the bad photos. So, this week my husband will be helping me set up a little studio so that I can retake all the photos of my products. I was able to run out and get some fresh yummy looking produce to showcase my produce bags and grocery bags and I bought a HUGE sandwich to highlight my sandwich wraps. I am really hoping that this does the trick. I also need to redo my descriptions so that they are more friendly and less abrasive. In the rush to get my stuff posted I didn't think too much about how I was describing my products and just wrote some short and sweet descriptions.
I would seriously benefit from anyone who has more experience than I do on the subject and if you have suggestions PLEASE feel free to make comments.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment